A hair bleaching kit. … Using bleach for hair is a risky process when it involves the use of regular household cleaning bleach. It is done to lighten darker hair, but is not recommended for shades lighter than light brown. Using household cleaning bleach in order to bleach your hair is considered a risky process.
Can you bleach your hair with household bleach?
You can use chemical-based methods to bleach your hair, or you can use a household product like hydrogen peroxide. You can even use natural food-based products like lemon juice to achieve a lightened hair color.
What household items can you use to bleach your hair?
Read up on how to naturally lighten hair using items you might already have lying around the house!
- Mix Up Your Lemon Juice with Conditioner. …
- Apply Vitamin C to Your Hair. …
- Use a Saltwater Solution. …
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar. …
- Combine Baking Soda and Hydrogen Peroxide to Make a Paste. …
- Apply a Cinnamon and Honey Mask.
How do you make homemade hair bleach?
- Dissolve a tablespoon of salt in half a cup of warm water.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle and spritz your hair until it is completely saturated.
- Leave the salt water solution on for about 15 minutes. For better results, sit under the sun while you wait.
- Wash and condition your hair.
Is there a way to lighten hair without bleach?
Sunshine. Your hair will lighten on its own when exposed to UV and UVA rays. To quicken this process, spritz equal parts lemon juice and water onto your hair and soak up the sun. “The safest way to do some lightening at home is lemon juice diluted with water,” says Davis.
Does vinegar bleach hair?
Apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar is an easy and cheap option for lightening your hair. Rinse your hair in vinegar and then rinse it again in cold water to lift color and revitalize dull strands.
How do you bleach dark hair at home?
How To Lighten Dark Hair: The 8 Steps To Black Bleaching Hair
- Step 1: Apply Coconut Oil/Olive Oil. …
- Step 2: Assemble The Required Ingredients. …
- Step 3: Divided Your Hair Into Four Sections. …
- Step 4: Mix the Bleaching Powder. …
- Step 5: Apply The Bleach. …
- Step 6: Apply Bleach To Your Roots. …
- Step 7: Let The Bleach Do Its Work.
Does baking soda bleach hair?
Baking soda can also lighten hair that isn’t dyed, but not when it’s used by itself. To lighten nondyed hair, you have to use baking soda as a base with hydrogen peroxide. This is a bleaching agent that lightens hair.
How can I bleach my hair blonde at home?
- Section the hair into four quadrants in order to neatly apply product. …
- Then, apply bleach 1 inch away from the scalp, and work down the hair section. …
- Let bleach process between 20-45 minutes, depending on your hair color, desired results, and package directions.
How do you get blonde hair without bleach?
To dye your hair from brown to blonde without bleach, start by mixing 2 parts lemon juice with 1 part water in a spray bottle. Lemon juice has natural bleaching properties that can help lighten your hair. When you’ve mixed the solution, spray it all over your hair and use a comb to spread it evenly.
How can I bleach my hair at home without damaging it?
Mix 1 part bleach powder and 2 parts developer/peroxide. Apply a dab of the bleach on your skin and coat a strand of your hair. Let the bleach sit for 30 minutes, then rinse it off and check your results. See if the shade of your strand is your desired shade.
How do you bleach your hair with vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar to lighten hair
- For lightening, mix one-part apple cider vinegar with six-part waters and spray across the hair.
- Let it sit for at least 30 minutes before washing it out.
- You may have to repeat a few times until you see results.
Does lemon juice bleach hair?
Lemon juice contains citric acid, which is a natural bleaching agent. Citric acid can whiten fabrics, and it’s sometimes included in skin care products to help lighten dark spots. … Using lemon juice alone, however, doesn’t lighten your hair.