What is an example of bald?
To bald is to lose your hair. An example of someone beginning to bald is a man whose hair is thinning and he is starting to have less hair on his head. The definition of bald is to have an absence of hair. An example of someone who is bald is Vin Diesel.
Can bald be used as a verb?
In this same sense, bald is used as a verb to mean to become bald. The phrase “go bald” is also commonly used. Used in a sentence: Phillip began to bald early in life so he decided to start shaving his head.
What does being called bald mean?
Use the adjective bald to describe someone who has no hair on his head. If your uncle has a smooth, hairless scalp, he’s bald. Some men are bald because they shave their heads, while others have become bald gradually over the years.
How do you use hair in a sentence?
Hair sentence example
- Long dark lashes and black curly hair – he had it all. …
- She felt the hair rising on the back of her neck. …
- The hair on her head was thick. …
- He has big brown eyes and long golden hair and pretty round cheeks. …
- He pushed the hair from her neck and his lips sizzled a hot trail in its wake.
What does bald statement mean?
a bald statement, fact, truth etc is something you say in a direct way, without trying to be sensitive or polite. Synonyms and related words. Words used to describe statements.
What does bald in nature meaning?
Adjective. bare, naked, nude, bald, barren mean deprived of naturally or conventionally appropriate covering.
What is it called when you have no hair?
Hypotrichosis is the term dermatologists use to describe a condition of no hair growth. Unlike alopecia, which describes hair loss where formerly there was hair growth, hypotrichosis describes a situation where there wasn’t any hair growth in the first place.
Is it Balder or more bald?
The comparative form of bald; more bald.
What does bald mean in gaming?
The term “Malding” is the combination of “Mad” and “Balding.” The term is used as a meme or slang when someone who is balding gets angry, usually when they are playing a multiplayer game. It is one of many words used as a part of Twitch lingo. When two words are joined together, it creates a portmanteau word.
Does hair frame sentence?
Sentence examples for do your hair from inspiring English sources
- Do your hair. The Guardian – Opinion.
- “You do your hair, right?” he asked. The New York Times – Style.
- And she offers to do your hair. Huffington Post.
- You don’t have time to do your hair. …
- Do your hair properly. …
- Do your hair up. …
- Do your hair correctly.
Do we say hair or hairs?
Hair is singular when it refers to an entire head of hair (e.g., brown hair, blonde hair, curly hair). When describing individual strands of hair, the plural is hairs.
How do you describe someone’s hair?
Words used to describe the state of people’s hair – thesaurus
- bad hair day. noun. informal a day when your hair looks untidy and you do not feel attractive.
- bald. adjective. with little or no hair on your head.
- balding. adjective. …
- bedhead. noun. …
- body. noun. …
- bouffant. adjective. …
- bristly. adjective. …
- bushy. adjective.