Please do not drink any caffeine before your appointment. Drinking caffeine prior to your appointment will make your eyes twitch which makes it difficult to work with. This could cause delay in the lash appreciating.
What should you not do before an eyelash lift?
Preparing for your lash lift appointment
- Remove all eye makeup, contact lenses, and false eyelashes before your appointment.
- Avoid curling your natural lashes for at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Stop using waterproof mascara 48 hours before your procedure since it leaves behind unwanted residue.
Why should you avoid caffeine before a lash appointment?
Drinking caffeine or taking stimulants prior to your appointment causes uncontrollable twitching of the eyes and makes it difficult for your to relax during your appointment. … Your lash appointment is designed to be a relaxing experience so please avoid consuming caffeine or other stimulants before your appointment.
What should you avoid before an eyelash appointment?
preparing for your eyelash extension appointment: do’s and dont’s
- Shower prior to your appointment. …
- Wear comfortable clothing. …
- Remove your contacts. …
- Turn off your cellphone just prior to your appointment. …
- Wear makeup. …
- Apply face creams or sunblock to the eye area. …
- Wear mascara. …
- Wear large or dangly earrings.
Do and don’ts of lash lift?
- Get lashes wet for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Go near steam/hot water for 48 hours.
- Rub your lashes for 24 hours.
- Use harsh products or oil-based removers.
- No waterproof mascara, ever.
- Avoid eye makeup for 24 hours.
- Don’t use castor oil or coconut oil- can cause straightening of the lashes.
Should I curl my lashes before a lash lift?
Any residue of makeup will prevent proper application of the extensions. DO NOT curl your lashes before your appointment.
What happens if I get my lash lift wet before 24 hours?
What happens if my eyelashes get wet? Water or moisture should not come in with your lashes for at least 24 hours after a lash lift because water will alter the disulphide bonds in the hair’s cortex once they have set via chemical change.
What I Wish I Knew Before getting lash extensions?
To minimize the risk of transmitting icky stuff, make sure your technician washes their hands between clients, wears a mask, uses sanitary pillow covers, sterilizes their tweezers, and uses disposable eyelash brushes — all things Akai does at her salon. Reactions to extension applications are pretty common.
How long does caffeine stay in your system?
The level of caffeine in your blood peaks about one hour later and stays at this level for several hours for most people. Six hours after caffeine is consumed, half of it is still in your body. It can take up to 10 hours to completely clear caffeine from your bloodstream.
How do you flush caffeine out of your system?
Here are a few ways to get rid of caffeine jitters quickly:
- Water. An effective way to get rid of your jitters is to flush out your system with water. …
- Exercise. You just crossed the caffeine line, which probably means you can’t sit still. …
- Wait it out. …
- Sip on some herbal tea. …
- Amp up your Vitamin C game.
Can I wear mascara before a lash lift?
Yes! You can definitely wear mascara with your lash lift. Just remember to avoid using any kind of waterproof mascara since most contain some kind of an oil base, like castor oil. Opt for a water-based or mineral mascara with natural fibers to keep your lash extensions looking fresh.
Can I touch my lashes after a lash lift?
Keep them dry: As lash lift involves applying specialized solutions to a delicate area, you should make sure to keep your eyelashes dry for at least 24 to 48 hours after the procedure. No pillow cuddling: Do not let anything touch your eyelashes for at least 48 hours. …
What can you not do after eyelash lift?
LASH LIFT AFTERCARE
- Be gentle with your lashes; no rubbing.
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 24 hrs.
- Do not use harsh products on your eyes/lashes.
- Use of Sauna/Steam is possible after 24hrs but may weaken the effect of the lift.
- No eye make up for 24 hours.
- Avoid waterproof mascara’s.
What happens if I cry after a lash lift?
Lash extensions are water-resistant. It is very important to not cry during the process as crying can spread the glue/vapors causing irritation. Crying during the process will also make it very difficult for the glue to dry and bond the extension to your lashes.
How do you sleep with a lash lift?
Lash lift aftercare is easy
In terms of sleeping, you need to try your best to sleep on your back so your lashes don’t get stuck in one position against your pillow. After 48 hours, your lashes should be set completely, meaning there’s nowhere near as many restrictions on what you can and can’t do.
How long after lash Lift Can I shower?
You must wait 24 hours after a lift and tint to shower. We use 24 hours as a buffer time to allow the lashes to set properly and avoid any issues with the lift. After the 24 hours waiting period you can wash your face and lashes like normal.